​To do business with Western Area Power Administration and other Federal agencies, contractors must register with System for Award Management, or SAM. Register your entity to get started doing business with the federal government on SAM​.gov.​


  • Information on WAPA solicitations greater than $25,000 is available at FedConnect , Sam.govGSA e-Buy, and SEWP. Contractors registered with can receive automated e-mail notices of solicitations of interest.

  • WAPA no longer maintains a “bidders list.”


  • Follow the instruction in the solicitation for submitting your bids or proposals.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: DOE, including the Western Area Power Administration, uses an electronic contract writing system called STRIPES to post requirements on the FedConnect  Internet portal. Therefore, in order to do business with DOE (and WAPA) vendors should be registered with Compusearch’s FedConnect portal.

  • Notices and solicitations, required by the Federal Acquisition Regulation, or FAR, will continue to be sent to, with additional information available to interested entities on FedConnect.

  • FedConnect is used by multiple federal agencies, and it is hosted by Compusearch, Inc., not DOE. Assistance with the FedConnect portal is provided by Compusearch. Contact information is provided on the FedConnect web site ​.
  • In addition, we recommend that all organizations that want to do business with DOE register with SAM. In general, the system functionality of FedConnect requires that all organization be registered with SAM, before registering with FedConnect. DOE is promoting this approach, to make communications with organizations they are doing business with more integrated, faster and auditable.

Last modified on April 24th, 2024