APPLICANT PROFILE DATA
WAPA issues a call for applications as part of its project-specific marketing plans. It uses the Applicant Profile Data form to collect information and to determine an entity’s eligibility and ultimately, which entity will receive an allocation of Federal power. The information WAPA proposes to collect is voluntary.
2023 Renewal Process
- Whether the extended collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information shall have practical utility;
- the accuracy of the agency’s estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
- ways to enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
- ways to minimize the burden of the collection of information on respondents, including through the use of automated collection techniques or other forms of information technology.
WAPA proposes the following changes to the applicant data form:
- For Section 1.c., alphabetically list the applicant’s options for “type of entity” that matches the categories eligible for a federal power allocation. This change aligns applicant data with WAPA’s system and clarifies the instruction to select one type, as well as enables staff to more quickly identify the appropriate response.
- Streamlined Section 3, by standardizing questions for all applicants, rather than dividing the section into two different categories. This change reduces the form length by eliminating one page and reduces the chance of putting information in the wrong section.
- Updated the form’s metadata to be 508 compliant.
Once WAPA has addressed comments received during the comment period, it will finalize the APD form and work through DOE to submit the form to OMB for approval.
WAPA’s current OMB control number, 1910-5136, for its Applicant Profile Data form (APD) was approved for renewal with change on March 18, 2021, and will expire on March 31, 2024. The approved applicant data form is available in three forms:
The WAPA contact information in the form will be updated as appropriate for the applicable region, for each future call for applications.
If you have questions about the form or the public process, contact:
Chris Magee, Records and Information Management Program Manager
Western Area Power Administration
P.O. Box 281213
Lakewood, CO 80228-8213
- WAPA Information Collection Extension, 85 FR 63272 – Oct. 7, 2020 (PDF)
Last modified on October 20th, 2023