ELECTRIC POWER TRAINING CENTER (EPTC)
Welcome to the Electric Power Training Center. We are devoted to providing the highest quality power system operations training. Our courses are designed for a wide range of audiences, from power plant operators, to dispatchers, or anyone else with an interest in learning about the principles and operation of power generation, transmission and interconnected system operations. In addition to our excellent instruction staff, we are equipped with powerful simulation tools, including the unique Miniature Power System. The MPS is a self-contained, fully operational power system simulator with over 40 full-size panels of operator controls. It includes three generators, a wind farm, four substations, many hundreds of miles of transmission lines, a dispatch center, and a variety of loads spread throughout the system.
Want to learn more? Watch the video
HYBRID SCHEDULE: IN PERSON/VIRTUAL INSTRUCTOR-LED TRAINING
EPTC is please to announce we have implemented a hybrid (in person/virtual) schedule. Virtual training will continue to take place through an instructor led distance learning medium (WebEx Training platform). Virtual learning requires use of a computer or WebEx supported device (one device per student for testing credit and use of other interactive features) a cell phone is not recommended. In person training will be at our facility in Lakewood, CO.
Please click here for an extensive list of our course descriptions.
Please click here to register for a course on our registration platform GoSignMeUp. (This works best in Chrome).
If you don’t see a course currently being held that you’re interested in, please add yourself to one of our many interest lists on our registration platform GoSignMeUp. If enough interest is generated, we will look into holding additional course offerings.
IMPORTANT TRAINING UPDATES
The EPTC reserves the right to either cancel or reschedule the training for minimum requirements or other reasons.
Below is a summary of the changes in DOE’s COVID-19 Framework that must be implemented by Monday, August 22. All Site/Facility Workplace Safety Plans are to be updated accordingly to ensure compliance with DOE’s COVID-19 Framework.
- Workplace safety protocols no longer vary based on vaccination status and do not depend on vaccination information
- DOE will stop collecting vaccination information from employees, contractors, and visitors
- DOE will stop conducting COVID-19 screening testing for employees, contractors, and visitors
- DOE will stop requiring proof of negative COVID-19 tests from unvaccinated employees, contractors, visitors, and meeting attendees
- Regardless of vaccination status and when masks are required, employees, contractors, and visitors must wear high-quality masks or respirators (e.g., surgical masks, N95s, KN95s)
- Regardless of vaccination status, the following requirements will apply to all DOE sites and other facilities owned or leased by the Department based on the CDC Community Levels:
|CDC County Community Levels||Mask Wearing||Physical Distancing|
|MEDIUM||Optional||Encouraged to maintain distance from others and avoid crowding|
|HIGH||Required||Encouraged to maintain distance from others and avoid crowding|
EPTC’S CANCELLATION POLICY
Cancellations made 5 days (for Virtual Learning courses) and 30 days (for In Person) or more before the start of a course will be refunded in full. After this deadline, cancellations will be charged the full tuition unless a substitution for the same class is made.
- If enough interest is not generated in a certain class, the EPTC reserves the right to either cancel or reschedule the training. Please keep this in mind when booking your travel.
CLASSES LIMITED TO NORTH AMERICAN GRID
At this time, EPTC classes are limited to attendees whose companies are situated in the North American Grid.
EPTC IS A NERC CEH PROVIDER
The EPTC is recognized by the North American Electric Reliability Corporation as a continuing education provider who adheres to NERC Continuing Education Program Criteria. NERC ID: WAPA_EPTC_001
Last modified on December 1st, 2023