RESTORATION FUND – BACKGROUND
Section 3407 of the Central Valley Project Improvement Act (CVPIA) (Pub. L. 102–575, Stat. 4706, 4726) establishes in the Treasury of the United States the Central Valley Project (CVP) Restoration Fund to carry out the habitat restoration, improvement, and acquisition provisions of the CVPIA.
The CVPIA further requires the Secretary of the Interior to assess and collect annual mitigation and restoration payments from CVP Water and Power Contractors (Restoration Payments). The Secretary of the Interior, through the Bureau of Reclamation (Reclamation), is responsible for determining and collecting CVP Water and Power Contractors’ share of the annual Total Restoration Fund Payment Obligation.
Because Western markets and transmits CVP power and maintains all CVP power contracts, WAPA agreed to collect the Restoration Payments from CVP Power Contractors.
RESTORATION FUND DOCUMENTS
FY 2024 Restoration Fund
- Reclamation Letter- Initial Restoration Fund for Power – September 6, 2023 (PDF)
FY 2023 Restoration Fund
- Reclamation Letter- Initial Restoration Fund for Power, September 1, 2022 (PDF)
FY 2022 Restoration Fund
- Reclamation Letter-FY 2021 Restoration Fund Actuals for Power, December 6, 2021 (PDF)
- Reclamation Letter- Initial Restoration Fund for Power, August 25, 2021 (PDF)
- Restoration Fund Forecast FY 2021 through FY 2025, Dec. 16, 2019 (PDF)
Last modified on September 28th, 2023