POST 2014 POWER ALLOCATIONS
POST-2014 RESOURCE ALLOCATIONS
On December 17, 2010, Western Area Power Administration’s Rocky Mountain Region published its Post-2014 Resource Pool-Loveland Area Projects (LAP), Allocation Procedures and Call for Applications (75 FR 78988). Through the Post-2014 Resource Pool (Resource Pool), WAPA will allocate up to 1 percent of the LAP long-term firm hydroelectric resource available as of October 1, 2014, that is estimated to be approximately 6.9 megawatts for the summer season and 6.1 megawatts for the winter season. The Resource Pool will be created by reducing existing customers’ allocations by up to 1 percent. A public information forum was held on February 2, 2011, prior to the application deadline, which was March 4, 2011.
Of the seven applications received, WAPA determined that six of the applicants met the Resource Pool General Eligibility Criteria. WAPA published the Resource Pool proposed power allocation and initiated a public comment period in the Federal Register (76 FR 45551, July 29, 2011). A public comment forum on the proposed power allocation was held August 25, 2011, and public comments were due to WAPA by September 12, 2011. There were no comments received during the public comment period.
WAPA published the Resource Pool final power allocation in the Federal Register (76 FR 64085, October 17, 2011). The Resource Pool will be effective October 1, 2014. WAPA will offer firm electric service contracts to the six qualified applicants, which are responsible for obtaining transmission service for their allocations. The qualified applicants are: the City of Jetmore, Kansas; the City of Pomona, Kansas; the City of Waterville, Kansas; Doniphan Electric Cooperative Association, Inc.; Kaw Valley Electric Cooperative, Inc.; and Nemaha-Marshall Electric Cooperative Association, Inc.
Additional Information and Documentation:
- Notice of Post-2014 Resource Pool-Loveland Area Projects, Allocation Procedures and Call for Applications (75 FR 78988)
- Notice of Post-2014 Resource Pool-Loveland Area Projects, Proposed Power Allocation (76 FR 45551)
- Notice of Post-2014 Resource Pool-Loveland Area Projects, Final Power Allocation (76 FR 64085)
- Post-1989 General Power Marketing and Allocation Criteria (42 pages.)
- Energy Planning and Management Program (60 FR 54151) Outlines the resource pool for new customers.
- Post-2014 Public Information Forum Presentation 2/2/11
- Post-2014 Public Information Forum Transcript 2/2/11
- Post-2014 Resource Pool Proposed Allocation Comment Forum Presentation 8/25/11
- Post-2014 Resource Pool Proposed Allocation Comment Forum Transcript 8/25/11
To request additional information about the Post-2014 Resource Pool contact:
Manager, Contracts and Energy Services
Western Area Power Administration
P.O. Box 3700
Loveland, CO 80539
Last modified on September 5th, 2023