The Trinity Public Utilities District Direct Interconnection Project involves a proposal to build transmission facilities near Weaverville, in Trinity County, Calif. The proposed project would remove about 5.3 miles of 12-kV distribution line and construct about 16 miles of new 60-kV transmission line, a tap structure and associated equipment as well as a new switchyard.
WAPA will analyze the environmental impacts of the proposed project and alternatives and prepare an environmental impact statement. The U.S. Forest Service and the Bureau of Land Management will participate in preparing the EIS.
- Notice of intent to prepare an environmental impact statement published in the Federal Register - June 2006
- Planned public comment period to provide input on the scope of the EIS - June and July, 2006
- Draft environmental impact statement - February 2007
- Final environmental impact statement - November 2007
- Record of Decision - January 2008
Project updates and documents