||Meter and Relay Craftsman, WB-2610|
1. Ability to do the work of a Meter and Relay Craftsman without more than normal supervision (install and commission, or maintain and repair, protective relay equipment and/or polyphase revenue metering equipment associated with power system distribution or transmission systems.) (Screen Out)
2. Knowledge and ability to use tools and specialized equipment and procedures to maintain and test power system metering, control, and protective relay equipment.
3. Knowledge of electrical theory and instruments and ability to do troubleshooting.
4. Ability to read and understand electrical drawings and instruction manuals.
Replace element #1 above with:
1. Ability to lead the work of a crew of meter and relay craftsmen. (Screen Out)
- Ability to do the work of the position without more than normal supervision. (Screen out)
- Knowledge of meter and relay craftsman shop practices.
- Ability to follow directions in a shop.
To qualify for this position, you must
1) Have some knowledge of this craft
2) Meet at least one of the following requirements
- Completed a 4-year apprentice program in a related craft
- Employment as a Western journeyman in the craft occupations (i.e. in the “WB” pay plan)
- Hold, or have held, the journeyman level (i.e., a level achieved by at least 4 years of training) in a related craft
Examples of related craft areas include:
(Back to the top)
- Communications Technician (such as with SCADA or microwave in a military/utility/telecommunications setting)
- Protection Technician (for instance in a military/utility/telecommunications setting)