||Electronic Equipment Craftsman, WB-2610|
1. Ability to do the work of an Electronic Equipment Craftsman without more than normal supervision (install and commission, or maintain and repair) at least four of the following: microwave radio, mobile radio, voice and data communications, SCADA/RTU, fiber optic cable, and multiplex equipment.
2. Knowledge and ability to use tools and specialized equipment to maintain and test communications equipment.
3. Knowledge of electrical and electronic theory and ability to do troubleshooting.
4. Ability to read and understand electrical and electronic drawings and instruction manuals.
Replace element #1 above with:
1. Ability to lead the work of a crew of electronic equipment craftsmen. (Screen Out)
1. Ability to do the work of the position without more than normal supervision. (Screen out)
2. Knowledge of electronic equipment craftsman shop practices.
3. Ability to follow directions in a shop.
To qualify for this position, you must
1) Have some knowledge of this craft
2) Meet at least one of the following requirements
- Completed a 4-year apprentice program in a related craft
- Employment as a Western journeyman in the craft occupations (i.e. in the “WB” pay plan)
- Hold, or have held, the journeyman level (i.e., a level achieved by at least 4 years of training) in a related craft
Examples of related craft areas include:
- Communications Technician (such as with SCADA or microwave in a military/utility/telecommunications setting)
- Protection Technician (for instance in a military/utility/telecommunications setting)
(Back to the top)