||Protection and Communication Craftsman, WB-2610|
1. Ability to do the work of a Protection and Communication Craftsman without more than normal supervision (install and commission, or maintain and repair, protective relay equipment, and polyphase revenue metering equipment, and/or SCADA and communications equipment associated with power systems distribution or transmission systems.) (Screen Out)
2. Knowledge and ability to use tools and specialized equipment and procedures to maintain and test power system metering, control/SCADA, communications, and protective relay equipment.
3. Knowledge of electrical and electronic theory and ability to do troubleshooting.
4. Ability to read and understand electronic and electrical drawings and instruction manuals.
Replace element #1 above with:
1. Ability to lead the work of a crew of craftsmen that include protection and communication craftsmen, meter and relay craftsmen, and electronic equipment craftsmen. (Screen Out)
To qualify for this position, you must
1) Have some knowledge of this craft
2) Meet at least one of the following requirements
- Completed a 4-year apprentice program in a related craft
- Employment as a Western journeyman in the Meter and Relay Craftsman or Electronic Equipment Craftsman occupation
- Hold, or have held, the journeyman level (i.e., a level achieved by at least 4 years of training) in a related craft
Examples of related craft areas include:
- Communications Technician (such as with SCADA or microwave in a military/utility/telecommunications setting)
- Protection Technician (for instance in a military/utility/telecommunications setting)
(Back to the top)