- Ability to do journeyman lineman work constructing and maintaining transmission or distribution power lines and related equipment, without more than normal supervision.(Screen out)
- Knowledge of electrical line construction, operations, maintenance, and technical practices of a journeyman lineman.
- Knowledge of electrical theory and instruments and ability to do journeyman lineman troubleshooting.
- Ability to use electrical drawings and specifications, and to interpret instructions.
- Ability to use and maintain tools and equipment associated with the job of journeyman lineman.
- Ability to climb structures and work at heights.
- Ability to work safely; knowledge of safe work practices.
Replace element #1 above with:
1. Ability to lead the work of Lineman. (Screen out)
- Ability to do the work of the position without more than normal supervision. (Screen out)
- Knowledge of lineman shop practices.
- Ability to follow directions in a shop.
To qualify for this position, you must
1) Have some knowledge of this craft
2) Meet at least one of the following requirements
- Completed a 4-year apprentice program in a related craft
- Employment as a Western journeyman in the craft occupations (i.e. in the “WB” pay plan)
- Hold, or have held, the journeyman level (i.e., a level achieved by at least 4 years of training) in a related craft
Examples of related craft areas include:
- Distribution Lineman
- Distribution Electrician
- Military Electrician
- Commercial/industrial electrician for a utility
(Back to the top)