This year, Public Affairs’ annual photo contest had a special theme: facemasks.
The proper wearing of facemasks has proven to be one of the most effective ways of preventing the spread of COVID-19. WAPA has required the wearing of facemasks in all WAPA facilities and on any WAPA business when proper social distancing cannot be maintained.
The photography contest this year centered on those facemasks in action. WAPA employees across the organization’s 15-state footprint submitted photos of themselves and their colleagues wearing masks, both on the job and off.
The top 10 submissions are below. Congratulations to all of the winners, and a very special thanks to everybody who sent in their photos.
- First place: Supervisory Power System Dispatcher Pete Miller
- Second place: Construction Control Representative Carol Hansen
- Third place: Power System Dispatcher Matthew Challstrom
- Fourth place: Division Maintenance Manager Kurtis Mayer
- Fifth place: Human Resources Specialist Allison Burnett
- Sixth place: High Voltage Electrician Julie Couts
- Seventh place: Financial Program Analyst Brittanie Paquette
- Eighth place: Administrative Support Deborah Marcotte
- Ninth place: Supply Technician Sandra Ocanas
- 10th place: Human Resources Specialist Sandra Coate
Last modified on September 12th, 2023