TECHNOLOGY AND SECURITY SYMPOSIUM
Western Area Power Administration hosted its first Technology and Security Symposium Aug. 21, 2018, in Lakewood, Colorado. During the meeting utility executives and subject matter experts explored the latest trends, topics and issues related to physical and cyber threats to infrastructure, along with lifecycle management of electrical system assets.
The symposium enriched attendees understanding of emerging technologies and managing and protecting physical and digital assets. Speakers shared innovative approaches, partnerships and technological advancements to address the unique security challenges facing utilities.
See opening remarks.
Welcome to WAPA’s Technology and Security Symposium – Mark A. Gabriel, Administrator and CEO
- Asset Management – Chris Lyles, Transmission Asset Planning Supervisor
- Security Risk Management Process – Bruce Watson, Security and Emergency Management Director
- Cyber Security – James Ball, Chief Information Security Officer
Utility executives presentations
Enabling Transmission Asset Management Analytics – Bhavin Desai, Senior Program Manager, Electric Power Research Institute
- DBT Implementation – Mike Kraft, Senior Program Manager, Basin Electric Power Cooperative
- Asset Management – Kenny Rankin, Senior Manager, Transmission and Substation Asset Management, Westar Energy
Last modified on August 23rd, 2023