WAPA MOUNTAIN WEST PUBLIC PROCESS COMMENTS
As part of its commitment to customer outreach and stakeholder engagement related to the Mountain West effort, WAPA solicited comments regarding the recommendation to pursue final negotiations with the Southwest Power Pool for membership of two of its power projects, the Colorado River Storage Project (CRSP) and the Loveland Area Projects (LAP). Although the regulatory requirements WAPA follows for public processes, such as those that apply to ratemaking, do not apply, WAPA engaged in this effort for customer outreach and to obtain stakeholder input. WAPA held a 45-day comment period and three information forums to provide customers and other interested parties information about the recommendation and an opportunity to comment.
Read WAPA’s responses to customer comments in the:
- WAPA Mountain West comment and response summary, updated Jan. 10, 2018
COMMENTS RECEIVED FROM CUSTOMERS
- Arizona Electric Power Cooperative, Inc.
- Arizona Tribal Energy Association*
- Basin Electric Power Cooperative
- Colorado Springs Utilities
- Irrigation and Electrical Districts’ Association of Arizona
- Municipal Energy Agency of Nebraska
- Navajo Tribal Utility Authority
- Nebraska Public Power District
- Platte River Power Authority
- Public Service Company of Colorado
- Salt River Project
- Tri-State Generation and Transmission Association, Inc.
- Utah Associated Municipal Power Systems
- Utah Municipal Power Agency
- Western Public Power Utilities
- White Mountain Apache Tribe*
*Comments submitted were the same and addressed together in responses.
Last modified on August 24th, 2023