Congress requires Western and its customers to provide an annual report of supply-side, demand-side and renewable resource activities undertaken as a result of the Energy Policy Act of 1992 and Western's Energy Planning and Management Program. IRP progress reports must be submitted each year within 30 days of the anniversary date of the approved and currently applicable IRP. Small customer update letters are likewise due within 30 days of the anniversary date of the approved small customer plan.
I. Annual progress reports must describe:
- Customer progress on achieving action plan items, including projected goals and implementation schedules
- Resource expenditures
- Energy and capacity benefits and renewable energy developments achieved compared to those anticipated
II. Small customer plan update letters must:
- Verify the customer’s annual energy sales or use is 25 GWh or less, averaged over the previous five years, or customer’s end-use status
- Identify customer achievements against small customer plan-targeted action plans
- Measure values, where possible. Reasonable estimates are acceptable if measurement is infeasible or not cost-effective.
III. To assist customer reporting, Western has developed an online data collection program where customers may submit their IRP annual progress reports or small customer updates.
- Western customers, including small customers, may submit their annual progress reports using the online data collection system. Once the data is entered, the electronic format stores it from year to year, creating an easily updated template that saves customers valuable time. The stored data can also help customers when training new planning staff.
- Western's customers can report their annual data in any format they choose, as long as Western receives the progress report for review and approval by the customer’s deadline. Using the online program is strongly recommended, but not mandatory.
Training table of contents